Wolf scaper 317
March 28, 2024, 06:14:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Wolf Scaper 317 site

Home Help Arcade Gallery HIGHSCORES Staff List Login Register  

Avenged, 317 Converted to a 614[Updated]

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avenged, 317 Converted to a 614[Updated]  (Read 1904 times)
Wolf Scaper
Administrator
wolf-scaper legend

« on: November 01, 2010, 10:24:11 pm »

I know I said RSPS are gay, and they are.  Yet I will finish what I started, go out with a bang or with a dang.  I promised everyone a server, and I never met that promise, which is why I am doing this.  I don't like to let people down, especially since most of you have been devoted for such a long time.  So this is the project thread, and let me tell you.  It is worth the looking at.  I hope you enjoy this, and stay tuned for further updates.

AVENGED

Avenged is what I am going to call this project.  It is simply taking the Deep Freeze style, adding a bit of current Runescape, and sprinkling the server with just a hint of work.  In essence, baking a cake.

Update Log

All updates will be posted here, this way you can see what I have done and when, so lets start this one out.

Update 11/1/10: Finished the 614 Item Header
Update 11/1/10: Finished the 614 Map Header
Update 11/1/10: Started the 317-614 Extension Header
Update 11/1/10: Added a new game protocol engine(Allowing the server to load different types of clients, explained later)
Update 11/2/10: Finished the  317-614 Emote Extension Header.
Update 11/2/10: Stater on 317-617 NPC Dump.
Update 11/2/10: Started 317-614 Object Dump.
Update 11/2/10: Finished 317-614 Object Dump.
Update 11/2/10: Finished 317-614 GFX Anim dumps.
Update 11/3/10: Finished 317-614 NPC Dump.
Update 11/3/10: Finished 317-614 Object Dump.
Update 11/4/10: Started on Battle Dungeon Mini-Game.
Update 11/4/10: Started on CUSTOM map area for Battle Dungeon.
Update 11/4/10: Finished CUSTOM map area for Battle Dungeon.
Update 11/4/10: Finished Battle Dungeon.
Update 11/4/10: Started adding objects to Battle Dungeon Map.
Update 11/4/10: Import 614-627 Maps and Object Definitions.

~Blah, had to fix something with dungeoneering maps...Took 9 days~

Update 11/13/10: Added Dungeoneering maps, these will be used for training area most likely.
Update 11/13/10: Added Dungeoneering rewards and weapons store(Might make a minigame out of dungeoneering)

~~~TO DO~~~
1; Add new CP (Client Program) -- DONE
2; Add Soul Wars( Don't want to waste the area map for no reason O.O) -- STARTED
3; Add TPCN (Thread Per Client Null) -- DONE
4; Add "Voices" (Allow the player to choose a voice for their character, and whatever they put in the chatbox, it speaks it as a sound TTS)
5; Add "Races" (Allow the player to change what type of player they are, Zombie, Giant, Wizard, Archer) -- ALMOST DONE
6; Create a server name? -- STILL THINKING
7; Finish the Dumping Process. -- DONE
~~~TO DO END~~~

Update Explanation

The new protocol engine:

This new client parser, as it is called now, will allow the player too select which version of details he/she would like to use.  Weather it is using the client with 317 animations, 508 models, and 614 maps, to various types of combinations'.  This will load from a different style of the animation handlers basically saying that if the player is using 317 animations, that it uses the 317Anims.java file to parse the attack, stand, defense, and other animations the player may encounter.  To handle the newer version of weapons that the 317 doesn't have, the game engine will just load the animation version it came from.  So it won't be awkward seeing someone with a colored whip.

The new animation headers:

After briefly looking over some code SWAT wrote, I noticed that he is just parsing different types of triangulated models.  The higher up cache version you go, the more triangles you deal with.  Therefore, the actual animation itself is dealing with allowing these different types of triangles to work in such a way that it prevents the client from crashing.  We do this by adding sub-files to the client allowing the cache to say, "Yeah I recognize that, better load it so the player doesn't look **** up."

The new model headers:

The title says it all, if you never really noticed, Runescapes new models have a higher polygon count.  If you don't understand that, then here's a really brief definition.  The models are higher definition because more colors and shading are added when more polygons are put into the model.  It's like drawing a square, if you shade half black and the other stays white, it doesn't look good.  So, if you put different colors fading from black to white, it looks like a shadow.  That's exactly what these new polygons do!  They allow the shading too look nicer, but since the character models are more High-Def, the model needs to be bigger, so the items drop down 10 PI's(Pixels) which would look messed up if you didn't render the characters arms 10 PI's lower.  So hopefully not have confused you, I simply present that the new model header will make the models look like they do on RS, THIS WILL NOT AFFECT THE GROUND TEXTURE OR ANY OTHER TEXTURES.

The new GFX and Anim Header:

The title says most of it, the client loads the 317-614 GFX for objects and other stuff such as spells.  I scrapped the 562 GFX dump since the 525 and 562 ones were basically the same.  Also improved the smoothness of the model textures using a skin list and increasing the amount of polygons allowed in the model.

New Dungeoneering Maps/Models:

Well, I just finished adding these, surprisingly it didn't spam up the cache with bugs.  I need to add an object rendering process though because some triangles on the objects are missing.  As for the new items, they have the same bonus' and effects as Runescape.  I might be making a minigame out of this area, probably having something to do with different waves of monsters spawning, something where it starts off easy and gets harder and harder.  I might start drawing this minigame up, but I'm not 100% sure if there will be the Dungeoneering items as rewards for this minigame.  I might have a few items like Gorgonite or Zephryum.

MEDIA
Air Guitar

Alching

Burying Bones

Perfect Farcast Combo's and Freeze Timers

Hill Giants With Clipping and shadow Rendering(525 and up only)

Moss Giants Animation With Clipping.

503+ Rat Graphics and Sound(Don't know if you can hear the sounds)

New 503+ Teleport Animation

New Teleport Tablet Animation

New Whip Animation (544+ Animation settings required)

New Zombies with Clipping (474+ Animation settings required)

PROJECT END

Well, I hope you enjoyed reading about/ looking at what the project is becoming.  REMEMBER, most updates are daily content updates.  This meaning that there probably will be a new video, GIF, picture, or update added to the list.  Once again, thanks for your time, and have a fun time.  Hope to see you on "NO NAME YET"
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 11:15:40 pm by Wolf Scaper » Report Spam   Logged

Check out my thread on Free Runescape Bots for more information.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

austen137

phat+mask+bandos=drop party!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 02:46:11 am »

is this actually going to be a server that you host? or are you going to be releasing the source and client?
Report Spam   Logged

Wolf Scaper
Administrator
wolf-scaper legend

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 05:54:57 am »

is this actually going to be a server that you host? or are you going to be releasing the source and client?

I promised everyone a server.  So this will be one that I host.  I will give it a month for things to start picking up.  Such as more players to start joining.  If not, then well, I guess I'll just stop RSPS and move on for good.
Report Spam   Logged

pieplom

Hello, you like pancakes??

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 01:05:20 pm »

Looks good Smiley
playing normal rs again to it's better then most private servers
Report Spam   Logged

Sausages and smoking Smiley
Wolf Scaper
Administrator
wolf-scaper legend

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 06:20:06 pm »

Looks good Smiley
playing normal rs again to it's better then most private servers

Thanks, been putting lots of work into it so far.
Report Spam   Logged

can

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 05:56:48 pm »

Good luck man.
Report Spam   Logged
pieplom

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 12:29:03 pm »

And, how is progress going?
Report Spam   Logged

Wolf Scaper
Administrator
wolf-scaper legend

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 08:13:40 pm »

So far so good, just working on perfecting a lot of skills.  Adding all dialogues and working on quests.  Started adding ancient curses and dungeoneering.  Unfortunately, I still haven't developed a method too have the next room in a dungeon be random with a random key in it/a dead end.  So it's just basically one dungeon with 50 rooms.
Report Spam   Logged

pieplom

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 01:11:32 am »

So far so good, just working on perfecting a lot of skills.  Adding all dialogues and working on quests.  Started adding ancient curses and dungeoneering.  Unfortunately, I still haven't developed a method too have the next room in a dungeon be random with a random key in it/a dead end.  So it's just basically one dungeon with 50 rooms.

Sounds good to me Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

austen137

phat+mask+bandos=drop party!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 05:10:50 am »

sounds good that ur back at it
Report Spam   Logged

Damuel

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 12:04:49 pm »

Sorry to be a grave digger, but I just felt that I might as well bump this.

Why not hand the project over to someone else? Ask for them to add proper credit with your name if you care about that, and the server could be finished.

I doubt Wolf will actually end up reading this anytime soon, but a bump is a bump, and just felt this should be said.
Last login: March 25, 2011, 10:49:58 pm

Doubt he'll be back anytime soon.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum